Rev. Jesse Jackson released from hospital after suffering fall

Rev. Jesse Jackson released from hospital after suffering fall


Rev. Jesse Jackson released from hospital after suffering fall (Washington DC) — Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. was discharged from Howard University Hospital around 3:30 p.m. today, Tuesday, November 2nd, after falling yesterday.

According to a press release, Jackson fell, hitting his head, upon entering a building on campus. He was at Howard University in response to several student complaints of mold in their residential halls, flooding in buildings, and rodent infestations. Rev. Jackson was attending a town meeting with Howard University President Wayne A.I. Frederick regarding the issues.

After spending the night in the hospital and undergoing a CT scan and observation, Rev. Jackson was released with a clean bill of health. He has returned to campus to continue the conversation regarding the conditions of the buildings at Howard University.

After bringing the students and the school administration together, Rev. Jackson said there was much progress made yesterday and that he is going back today to help resolve their differences. Students are currently protesting the poor housing conditions there by staging a sit-in at an on-campus café in the Blackburn Center and camping outdoors on university grounds.

Howard University President Wayne A.I. Frederick released a statement which read, in part, “On a daily basis, University leaders have been checking on our students in the Blackburn Center to ensure their health and safety. Their occupation of the building creates health and safety risks for both themselves and the wider University community, as external visitors have been occupying the space with them as well. There are also some students who occupy the Blackburn Center in the daytime and are sleeping in the residence halls at night. With this in mind, we offered COVID-19 testing earlier this week to the occupants and will continue to remain vigilant about the health and safety of our student population and the conditions in Blackburn.”

This is the second time that Rev. Jesse Jackson has been hospitalized in recent months. Jackson contracted COVID in early August despite being vaccinated. He was released into a rehabilitation facility where he underwent intense physical, occupational, and speech therapy for several weeks before finally going home. Jackson also suffers from Parkinson’s Disease.

Rev. Jesse Jackson released from hospital after suffering fall


Related Articles


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *