Raising Cane’s Raising Traffic Concerns in Crestwood (Crestwood, IL) – The village of Crestwood held its regular board meeting on Thursday, December 1, 2022. In the absence of Mayor Klein, Trustee Wasag acted as Mayor Pro Tempore. In addition to the items on the agenda, a resident discussed the possibility of a “traffic nightmare” once Raising Cane’s opens.
The resident stated that Raising Cane’s is located at an intersection that is already experiencing heavy traffic and inquired if traffic jams have been considered. They were told that IDOT controls that intersection and had approved the plans. The resident then suggested that Crestwood have police at the intersection when Raising Cane’s opens to control the flow of traffic, the response to which was that IDOT controls the intersection, not the police.
Located at the intersection of Cicero Avenue and Cal Sag Road, Raising Cane’s is on the southeast corner. The resident stated that the westbound stoplight on Cal Sag Road only has a five-second green light and frequently gets congested. Prompting further concerns is the fact that the traffic control device is enforced with a red light camera.
Other Agenda Items
(all requiring a vote approved unanimously)
- Village Clerk’s Office
- Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes dated November 15, 2022
- Village Board Meeting Minutes dated November 17, 2022
- Building & Plats Committee
- Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals regular scheduled meeting minutes for November 28, 2022.
- Finance Committee
- General fund, General Fund NOW, MFT Fund, Non-Home Rule Capital Fund, Water & Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement Listing, Dated 11/10/22, Payroll warrant, dated 11/111/22, General Fund, General Fund NOW, IEPA Fund, MFT Fund, Police Association Fund, Police Pension Fund, Water & Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement Listing, dated 11/17/22, General Fund, General Fund Now, Water & Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement Listing, dated 11/23/22.
- License & Ordinance Committee
- Consideration of an Ordinance Declaring Surplus Funds and Directing local Tax Reimbursements pursuant to 35 ILCS 200/30-20 and 35 ILCS 200/30-25.
- Consideration of an Ordinance granting a Special Use permit for a Drive-thru Restaurant at 13559 South Cicero Avenue, Crestwood, Illinois (Jimmy John’s)
- Consideration of an updated Mutual Aid Box Alarm System Master Agreement
- Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing an intergovernmental agreement for participation in the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS Master Agreement 2022)
- Consideration of a Resolution authorizing an intergovernmental agreement for participation in the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS Master Agreement 2022)
- Police Department Committee
- Crestwood Police Department Activity report for October, 2022 as submitted by Chief Weigand.
- Crestwood Police Departmeent Citation Activity Report forOctober, 2022 as submitted by Chief Weigand.
- Emergency Management Agency Committee
- Crestwood Emergency Management Report for October, 2022, as submitted by Secretary Timothy Stoffregen.
- Streets, Lights & Drainage Committee
- Streets, Lights, & Drainage Bi-Monthly report dated December 1, 2022
- Water & Sewer Committee
- Water & Sewer Bi-Monthly report dated December 1, 2022
- Appointment of Firefighter Paramedic 3rd Class
Raising Cane’s Raising Traffic Concerns in Crestwood