New Soccer Fields at Heritage Park in Homer Glen (Homer Glen, IL) – Three individuals came to speak about the housing development proposed for the west side of Glenview Walk Estates, north of 159th street. This development would add 186 townhomes and duplexes to the area.
The first speaker, the superintendent of Homer Consolidated School District 33C, Craig Schoppe, expressed his concern about the possible overcrowding that could occur by adding 186 additional families to the district.
The second speaker, superintendent for Lockport Township School District 205, Robert McBride, said “Our projections indicate we could support any additional high school students, we will be able to educate them and transport them.” Mr. McBride indicated that his only concern would be the proposed road that might impact any future development on the property owned by Lockport Township High School, which is adjacent to the development.
[Elite_video_player id=”1″ youtubevideos=’6YmvCioDWe8′]
The third speaker, a resident of Glenview Walk Estates, also expressed concern about the development. The resident explained that when he decided to retire to Homer Glen, the main reason was the “open space” surrounding Glenview Walk Estates. The resident was also concerned about home values going down since the townhomes would be one third the price of the other homes in the area.
- Consider for Approval the Accounts Payable for the Period of December 10, 2021 through January 13, 2022 in the amount of $605,580.02.
- Consider for Approval Payment of the Village of Homer Glen’s November Legal Bills from Mahoney, Silverman & Cross, LLC in the amount of $3,391.
- Consider for Approval Payment of the Village of Homer Glen’s November Legal Bills from Legislative Attorney firm Odelson, Sterk, Murphey, Frazier & McGrath in the Amount of $4,856.25.
- Consider for Approval the Reduction of the Warranty Bond for the Pets Supplies Plus Development at the Southwest Corner of 143rd Street and Bell Road.
- Consider for Approval of a 100% Fee Waiver for the Homer Township Road District for the subject property located at 14500 W 151st Street, Homer Glen, Illinois.
- Consider for Approval Ordinance No. 22-001, an Ordinance Declaring Surplus Property and Authorizing Its Sale.
- Consider for Approval an Intergovernmental Agreement Between the Village of Homer Glen and Will County regarding certain improvements, as Part of the County’s upcoming 143rd Street & Bell Road intersection Improvement Project.
LEGISLATION AND ACTION ITEMS
- Consider for Approval Ordinance No. 22-002, a request for Site Plan Approval for the proposed site and building improvements to the Homer Township Public Library, for certain real property located in the P-1 Government Buildings & Public Schools Zoning District at 14320 W 151st Street, Homer Glen, Illinois.
This improvement connects the public library to the village building via sidewalk.
- Consider a Motion to Authorize Village staff to backfill a vacant Foreman position in the Parks & Recreation Department.
The foreman position was vacated in December. Salary starts at $56,000.00
- Consider for Approval the Budget for the 2022 Homer Community Festival for the total amount of $187,525.
The budget for “Homer Fest” is less than one thousand dollars higher than last year. There was a lengthy discussion on this matter but in the end every trustee voted yes.
- Consider for approval Rustic Vintage Fair’s Proposal to Provide Three Craft Fairs at Heritage Park in 2022.
At no cost to the village, Rustic Vintage Fair will be hosting three craft shows at Heritage Park off of 151st Street. Check the village web sight for details. The board approved the proposal.
- Consider a motion to approve the use of a portion of Heritage Park property for four (4) soccer fields (2 practice fields and 2 game fields).
(4) Soccer fields were approved for the north end of Heritage Park. The discussion revolved around safety and whether or not the fields can be used by residents while games were not scheduled. Soccer coach Steve Jones explained, his greatest regret is to see a soccer field not being used.
The motion passes.
- Consider for Approval Ordinance 22-003, an Ordinance Amending Section 83-46 of the Village of Homer Glen Code of Ordinances Regarding Licensing and Regulating Video Gaming within the Village of Homer Glen, Will County, Illinois.
Last month the board voted to approve a gaming license to Gas N Wash at 15930 W 159th Street. This ordinance amends the section of the code that was changed at the last meeting regarding the 1500 square feet minimum rule in order to obtain a video gaming license. The minimum requirement taken out was met with considerable backlash from some restaurants and bars in the area. This amendment reinstated the 1500 square feet rule.
Ordinance approved with two trustees, Beth Rodgers and Nicole La Ha, voting no.
- Motion Requiring Board Approval for Expenditure of American Recovery Act Funds.
- Consider a Motion to Approve Retaining the law firm Odelson, Sterk, Murphey, Frazier and McGrath to represent the Village in negotiations for a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the International Union of/175
Operating Engineers, Local 150 (IUOE Local 150) representing employees in the Village department
- WORKSHOP 1. Subdivision Concept Review- ILM Homes Development at 14500 W. 159th Street
The discussion regarding the proposed housing development will be ongoing.
New Soccer Fields at Heritage Park in Homer Glen