Embattled Tinley Park Trustee Diane Galante Called on to Resign (Tinley Park, IL) At the Village of Tinley Park’s fourth board meeting of 2022, a resident accused Trustee Diane Galante of a myriad of unprofessional conduct. After discussing Galante’s “questionable if not criminal behavior,” the resident called for her resignation.
The alleged behavior mentioned included the following:
- Personal harassment, including name-calling at Village Board Meetings and in public.
- Signing false affidavits, possibly committing purgery.
- Plotting lawsuits with no locus standi. (right to bring legal action)
- Asking Village Attorney what steps can be taken against residents.
- Attacking school board members at meetings.
- Filed ethics complaint against mayor, cost $4,069. Told claim is, at best, irresponsible.
- Found guilty of sharing confidential information.
Concluding his remarks, the resident called Galante a “silo of ignorance … a complete embarrassment to our town” and called on her to resign.
Ted’s Greenhouse – Business Spotlight
Ted’s Greenhouse offers a wide variety of annuals, perennials, biennials,
herbs, vegetables and exotic plants, all of which are carefully nurtured
from the best seed stock available and expertly managed until they reach
their final destination. The founder and namesake of Ted’s Greenhouse,
Ted Biernacki, was posthumously awarded the 2021 Illinois Specialty
Growers Association Award of Excellence.
Ted’s has been in business since 1948 and has been in Tinley Park since 1957. They sell both wholesale and retail. Their selections include carnivorous plants, over 50 herbs, 30 varieties of tomatoes, rare and collectible plants, some costing up to $600.
The business is now run by Ted’s son and remains a family business.
Other Agenda Items
(all approved unanimously)
- Consider the appointment of Carolyn Mitera to the position of Business Retention & Marketing Specialist.
- Consider the appointment of Jarell Blakey to the position of Management Analyst – Community Development.
- Consider the appointment of Nicole Bartelmey to the position of Public Works Services Representative.
- Consider approval of the following consent agenda items:
A. Consider adopting Resolution 2022-R-021 approving a contract for Office 365 Microsoft licenses with Heartland Business Systems in the amount of $85,119.60.
B. Request from St. Coletta’s of Illinois Foundation,18350 Crossing Drive, to conduct a raffle from March 15 through May 21, 2022, with the maximum value of the prize not to exceed $10,000. Winners will be drawn at the Tinley Park Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Drive on May 21, 2022.
C. Consider request from the Knights of Columbus, to conduct a raffle on April 22, 2022, with the maximum value of the prize not to exceed $11,900. Winners will be drawn at St. George Church, 6707 175th Street.
D. Consider payment of outstanding bills in the amount of $1,328,417.76 as listed on the vendor board approval reports dated February 18 and 25, 2022.
- Consider adopting resolution 2022-R-022 approving the official 2021 Tinley Park Zoning Map.
- Consider adopting Ordinance 2022-O-018 granting a special use for a substantial deviation at 18201 Harlem Avenue for RJ’s seafood addition and patio.
- Consider adopting Ordinance 2022-O-019 granting a special use permit for a technical educational facility to Volvo Trucks North America at 8201 183rd Street.
- Consider adopting Ordinance 2022-O-020 amending chapter 132 of Title XIII the Municipal Code – Video Gaming.
- Consider adopting Resolution 2022-R-015 approving a contract between the Village Of Tinley Park and Benchmark Construction for the sanitary sewer lining for McCarthy Park – 16801 80th Avenue
Embattled Tinley Park Trustee Diane Galante Called on to Resign