The suit contains 5 counts ranging from breach of contract to fraud.
- 14) Salinas admitted her campaign owed Michael $2,500.00 and stated she overnight mailed a check on March 01, 2021, for this amount. (See Exhibit C)
- 15) Salinas never mailed the check to Brande for $12,000.00 or the check to Michael for $2,500.00.
- 20) Salinas has publicly stated over 250 tickets have been sold for the Gala at a price ranging from $75 to $125 each.
- 2l) As such, a total of$18,750 to $31,250 in ticket sales have been collected by Salinas.
- 22) The Gala has been cancelled and rescheduled numerous times and most recently the April 02, 2021 date was cancelled as well at the last minute.
- 23) The Thelma Keller Convention Center never received payment for the rental of the facility.
Salinas is a Republican Candidate for US Senate according to FEC filings included as exhibits in the complaint.
A copy of the complaint can be downloaded here or viewed below.