Northwestern Medicine Hospitals Recognized as Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (Palos Heights, IL) — In its annual Best Hospitals rankings, U.S. News & World Report has once again recognized Northwestern Medicine hospitals as leaders in clinical excellence. Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital is among the top 15 hospitals in Illinois. For the 12th consecutive year, Northwestern Memorial Hospital is named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll, a group of only 22 hospitals recognized for their exceptional performance.
“Our rankings reflect the dedication of our outstanding physicians, nurses and staff to the patients they care for and the communities we serve,” said Howard B. Chrisman, MD, president and chief executive officer, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. “It is this shared commitment and focus that allows us to push the boundaries of medical science and provide groundbreaking care, from discovery to delivery, and shape the future of health care.”
Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital is tied at No. 14 in Illinois and tied at No. 13 in the Chicago metropolitan area. Palos Hospital is also recognized as “High Performing” in 9 procedures and conditions.
“This recognition is a testament to the remarkable dedication and professionalism of the entire team at Palos Hospital to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients,” said Jeff Good, president, Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital. “We are honored to provide our local community access to exceptional health care close to home.”
Palos Hospital was rated as “High Performing” in colon cancer surgery, heart bypass surgery, knee replacement and the treatment of COPD, diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure, pneumonia and stroke.
Palos Hospital joins seven other Northwestern Medicine hospitals recognized by U.S. News:
- In addition to retaining its position on the Honor Roll of Best Hospitals, Northwestern Memorial Hospital will be designated No. 1 (tied) in metropolitan Chicago and Illinois. Northwestern Memorial Hospital is also nationally ranked in 11 specialties: Cancer (No. 18); Cardiology, Heart & Vascular Surgery (No. 7); Diabetes & Endocrinology (No. 5); Ear, Nose & Throat (No. 32, tied); Gastroenterology & GI Surgery (No. 9); Geriatrics (No. 9); Neurology & Neurosurgery (No. 10); Obstetrics & Gynecology (No. 17); Orthopaedics (No.19); Pulmonology & Lung Surgery (No. 18); and Urology (No. 11).
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital is ranked No. 8 in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital is tied at No. 10 in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area. The hospital is nationally ranked in three specialties: Geriatrics (No. 43, tie); Neurology & Neurosurgery (No. 34); Pulmonology & Lung Surgery (No. 49).
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital, Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital combined are ranked No. 12 in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Northwestern Medicine Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the first time with a national ranking of No. 35 for Rehabilitation.
For the first time, U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll hospitals will not receive a national numerical ranking. Instead, all hospitals selected for the Honor Roll will be designated as No. 1 in both their state and regional rankings. In states and regions with more than one Honor Roll hospital, such as Illinois, the No. 1 designation will be shared. Hospitals that are not on the Honor Roll will continue to be ranked within their state and metropolitan area.
For more information about Northwestern Medicine, visit https://news.nm.org/.
Northwestern Medicine Hospitals Recognized as Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report