Bally’s Chicago Casino Reports Strong Growth to Start 2024 (Chicago, IL) — Revenue increased 9.1 percent at Bally’s Chicago Casino in January, exceeding $10M in gross gaming revenue for the first time in only its fifth month of operation at the historic Medinah Temple in Chicago.
“Bally’s is pleased to announce the results of our phased opening of our Chicago property. January was our highest Gaming Revenue month, and we continue to see strong visitor counts. More customers are taking advantage of our free parking and free shuttle service, which continues to grow in popularity. We look forward to implementing valet parking, introducing more shuttle and bus routes, and creating new VIP areas to meet customer demands,” said Mark Wong, Vice President and General Manager.
Since Bally’s provisional opening in September, monthly Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR) has grown from $6.8 million to $10.8 million, and the property continues to see strong monthly visitation.
- Monthly Gross Gaming Revenue – January Gross Gaming Revenue of $10.8 million, up 6.3% despite several inclement weather days. Adjusted Gaming Receipt (AGR) of $9.3 million, up 9.1%.
- Admissions – 88,000+, down from the December high of about 100,000 but strong considering the typical post-holiday downturn and inclement weather
- Continued Database Growth – 55,370 Bally Rewards Members signed up to date, up 15.9%.
- Added Convenience
- Free or discounted parking for all Bally Rewards Members – Over 11,000 customers used this in January, up 46.2%.
- New shuttle and bus route services will soon be added for both guests and Bally’s team members located throughout Chicagoland.
- Employees – more than 600 team members are now employed; the team consists of 82% minorities, 50% women, and 63% Chicago residents. Bally’s is committed to providing high-quality jobs with great benefits and to being a diversity leader in hospitality.
- Community Involvement – In observance of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr Day., Bally’s was a proud sponsor for the 34th Rainbow Collation Push Excel MLK Scholarship Breakfast for the second year and served a hot meal to those in need at St. James Cathedral.
These additions reflect Bally’s commitment to providing a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere for its patrons and team members. Bally’s extends their gratitude to its team members whose hard work has played a pivotal role in creating a guest experience that Chicago can take pride in. To celebrate their team members, Bally’s has launched a team member spotlight campaign on Bally’s Chicago LinkedIn and social media channels. Employee spotlights include the team member’s accomplishments, community, and interests outside of work.
In collaboration with Bally’s community partners and the unwavering support from the local government agencies, Bally’s Chicago Casino has become a thriving attraction within reach of the Magnificent Mile, contributing to Chicago’s economic and entertainment landscapes.
Looking ahead, Bally’s is excited about the prospects of our permanent location at the Tribune Publishing campus in the River West community. The positive response and success achieved in the initial months of operation only fuel our enthusiasm for the continued growth and success of Bally’s Chicago Casino.
Bally’s Chicago Casino Reports Strong Growth to Start 2024