Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau Calls DHS Disinformation Board ‘Exactly Orwell’s 1984’ (Orland Park, IL) — The village of Orland Park held its regular board meeting Monday, May 2, 2022. Among the topics discussed was the Department of Homeland Security’s Disinformation Board.
The Disinformation Board claims to identify publicly available disinformation, and then share factual information with people potentially impacted by the disinformation.
Of course, the United States Government has a questionable history when it comes to honesty and having Americans’ best interests in mind. The government previously poisoned alcohol during prohibition. There was also the Tuskegee Study, the Tonkin incident, Operation LAC, and MK-ULTRA. Understandably, some Americans are wary of the government telling them what’s true and what isn’t.
Mayor Pekau‘s Response to Disinformation Board
The new government disinformation board, run by the Department of Homeland Security; this is, frankly, unbelievable. I never thought I would see this in America, in the country that I fought for, that we’ve all taken oaths for the Constitution – I never imagined that I would see this. It is positively Orwellian; it is exactly Orwell’s 1984 where he called it the Ministry of Truth. The answer to free speech you don’t like is more speech, not less.
Maybe instead of trying to curtail free speech, the Federal Government should focus on their own bureaucracies telling the truth. They can start with the CDC and NIH.
Other Agenda Items
(all requiring a vote approved unanimously)
- VILLAGE CLERK’S OFFICE
- Approval of the April 18, 2022, Regular Meeting Minutes – Unanimously approved
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Accounts Payable – Approval
- Consent Agenda
- Payroll – Approval
- Authorize the sale of one (1) Easement Machine to the town of Lowell, Indiana
- Disposal of Village Equipment (Online Auction) – Public Works Department – Ordinance
- Taste of Orland Park Tent and Supplies Rental Contract
- PACE 2022 Certification and Assurances – Approval
- Appointment of Chief of Police Attachments: Employment Agreement
- Amend Title 7 Chapter 18 – Decrease Number of Video Gaming Licenses – Ordinance
- 2022 Strategic Flow Monitoring and CCTV Review and Recommendations – Proposal
- PUBLIC SAFETY
- Swearing-in of Chief of Police and Joint Emergency Telephone System Board Appointment
- DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AND PLANNING
- Main Street Triangle Consultant Presentation
- Consideration and action on an ordinance providing for the issuance of not to exceed $22,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2022A, to finance various capital improvements in and for the Village, providing for the levy of taxes to pay said bonds, and authorizing the sale of said bonds to the purchaser thereof
- Ordinance Authorizing the Development of a Financing Plan for General Obligation Bonds, Series 2022A
Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau Calls DHS Disinformation Board ‘Exactly Orwell’s 1984’