Tinley Park Achieves Class 6 Flood Insurance Rating (Tinley Park, IL) — The village of Tinley Park held a special board meeting on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. All board members were present with the exception of Trustee Galante. Agenda items included news that the Federal Emergency Management Agency designated Tinley Park a Class 6 Flood Insurance Rating.
Tinley Park Residents Receive Discount on Flood Insurance
Residents who purchase flood insurance for structures located in the Village’s designated floodplain areas are currently eligible to receive a 20% discount on their flood insurance premiums under the Village’s Class 6 Rating. Structures located outside of the floodplain receive a 10% discount on premiums.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Community Rating System (CRS) program is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that meet or exceed the minimum National Flood Insurance Program requirements. The CRS assesses and rewards communities that implement successful floodplain management activities and complete enforcement and verification procedures.
Tinley Park Prays for Ukraine
After the pledge of allegiance, everyone was asked to remain standing and “assume a reverent position” as Trustee Grady prayed: “We’d like to take this time to ask our Lord to watch over and help the people of Ukraine to resist this unwanted, unnecessary invasion of their country and their homes. For the people that have been murdered by this action, children, families, and, of course, the town that has been destroyed. We ask God to please bless those and welcome them in his arms, and please, please, let us bring peace back to the world and stop this unwanted invasion. We ask this in the name of our Lord. Amen.”
Tinley Park Business Spotlight
St. Coletta’s of Illinois provides residential, educational, and vocational training programs for adults and children with developmental and intellectual disabilities that foster and enhance independence and wellbeing. Annette Skafgaard stated that St. Coletta’s has been in existence since 1949.
Other Agenda Items
(all approved unanimously)
- Consider adopting Resolution 2022-R-023 approving a contract renewal between the village of Tinley Park and Trugreen in the amount of $41,107 for 2022 Lawn treatments.
- Consider payment of outstanding bills in the amount of $4,095,175.17 as listed on the vendor board approval reports dated March 4 and 11, 2022.
- Consider adopting Ordinance 2022-O-022 for a special use permit to permit a restaurant pickup window speaker post for Durbin’s Express at 18250 Oak Park Avenue.
- Consider adopting Ordinance 2022-O-021 authorizing the disposal of surplus personal property owned by the village of Tinley Park – fleet vehicle/equipment.
- Consider adopting Resolution 2022-R-024 approving a contract between the village of Tinley Park and City Escape Garden and Design, LLC for 2022 landscape maintenance mowing in the amount of $252,189.02.
The meeting concluded with a presentation of the draft budget for 2023.
Tinley Park Achieves Class 6 Flood Insurance Rating