McDonald’s Under Fire with Lawsuits and Protest – The McDonald’s corporation has been under fire as of late with numerous lawsuits alleging sexual harassment and racial discrimination.
According to a VICE News report, about 80 Black franchisees have filed lawsuits alleging that they were pigeonholed into operating low-sales restaurants in Black communities, leading to store failures, closures, and forcing them to sell their franchises.
One Chicago-area activist, Wallace “Gator” Bradley, has been protesting McDonald’s all over the nation, including protests in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; and most recently, Nashville, TN. His “Don’t Be McFooled” protest has gained national attention and calls for McDonald’s to end the systematic racism that has denied Black franchisees equal opportunities.
More information can be found on the various McDonald’s lawsuits and protests by clicking the links here:
- The Southland Journal: A Black History Month Rally to Hold McDonald’s Accountable for Decades of Systemic Racism
- The Southland Journal: ‘Don’t be McFooled,’ Say Community Leaders on McDonald’s Alleged Racism
- The Tennessee Tribune: DON’T BE MCFOOLED Protest Coming to Nashville April 22
- VICE News: Inside McDonald’s Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Problem
- The Chicago Tribune: McDonald’s board members sued over ‘lavish’ $56 million severance for fired CEO Easterbrook
McDonald’s Under Fire with Lawsuits and Protest