Jason Decker Is Elected First Ever Bremen Township Libertarian Committeeperson and Advances to the General Election Running for Cook County Commissioner of the 5th District (Cook County, IL) — Jason Decker, the first ever Bremen Township Libertarian Committeeperson advances to the general election for Cook County Commissioner race for the 5th district and lays out some of his key talking points. Decker is a life long resident of the Southland. He says that he is a blessed father to Jack (6) and Noah (3) and a lucky husband to Sarah. He lives in Midlothian and is a self employed handyman. Over the last few years he has become a motivated community activist and has opened his life up to the world via his personal, yet public social media profile. He has created the South Suburban Public Safety Initiative which is responsible for installing over 150 exterior lights and cameras, cleaned miles of public streets and alleys, and has cleared and secured over 325 abandoned properties in Harvey and Robbins. His relationships he’s built through working and volunteering for and with 1000s of residents of his district led him to be motivated to run for public office. He is also running to “restore your faith in government” by vowing to always be present, engaging and reachable.
From his campaign Facebook page he claims:
“IF YOU WANT AN ELECTED OFFICIAL WHO;
He has also made some pretty bold promises via his same public Facebook page. Decker writes;
“As your Cook County Commissioner:
– I will work hard to increase public safety, by raising community engagement and involvement which will pave the way for revitalization of the 5th District. We will have strength in unity and unity in the common goals of both public safety and revitalization.
– I will streamline the process of getting vacant and abandoned properties back on the tax rolls by working directly with the land banks, and the newly formed Southland Development Authority to make sure government doesn’t drag their feet, removing whatever red tape we can.
– I will fight to end the failed war on drugs in Cook County that has destroyed families and peoples lives. The failed policies and practices of the drug war has created 1000s of single mothers and broken homes. I want to return non violent drug offenders to their families and their lives.This will also free up resources of police and the courts, and free up space in Cook County Jail saving money, which we can then use to help bring mental health and addiction resources.
– I will hold weekly town hall meetings all over the district rotating around every community and municipality to listen and discuss what’s been done this week and what concerns and priorities will be focused on, and to answer any and all questions.
– I will remain reachable and engaged while making the position a full time job, working harder than anyone else to do what I can with what I have to improve our communities. As always, I can be reached on my cell at 708-913-8300 or by email at Jasonrossdecker@gmail.com
– I will also give back 1/3 of my salary to community groups and organizations in my district that are proven to be doing great things and making positive impacts, while also helping promote their efforts with detailed explanations of what exactly they are doing to reduce violence and help people build bright futures.
Jason Decker Is Elected First Ever Bremen Township Libertarian Committeeperson and Advances to the General Election Running for Cook County Commissioner of the 5th District