Crestwood to Restrict Tobacco Stores, Used Auto Dealerships (Crestwood, IL) — At the village board meeting held Thursday, May 19, 2022, all trustees were present with the exception of Trustee Caldario. Among the agenda items passed was an ordinance approving a text amendment to the zoning ordinance of the Village of Crestwood to regulate used car dealerships and retail tobacco stores.
Retail tobacco stores will be limited to 4 throughout the village. Additionally, smoking shall be prohibited inside all retail tobacco stores. Used vehicle sales businesses shall be limited in number to 26. The justification for these changes is that it is in the best interests of the health, safety and welfare of the Village to regulate retail tobacco shops and used car dealerships.
May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
Mayor Ken Klein also proclaimed May 2022 as Motorcycle Awareness Month. The proclamation includes facts such as motorcycles reduce fuel consumption, road wear, and contribute to traffic relief and parking congestion. The proclamation also recognizes motorcyclists for contributing extensive volunteerism and money to charitable organizations. It urges all roadway users to unite in the safe sharing of roadways throughout the Village of Crestwood and the State of Illinois. According to IDOT, Illinois has already had 20 motorcycle fatalities this year.
Item D from the License and Ordinance Committee “Consideration of an Ordinance amending the liquor control act of the Crestwood Village code” was tabled.
Other Agenda Items
(all requiring a vote approved unanimously)
- Village Clerk’s Office
- Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes dated May 3, 2022
- Public Hearing Minutes for Budget Ordinance of May 5, 2022
- Village Board Meeting Minutes Dated May 5, 2022
- Building & Plats Committee
- Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals regular scheduled meeting minutes for May 9, 2022
- Building Permit Report for April, 2022
- Finance Committee
- General Fund, General Fund NOW, Water IEPA Fund, MFT Fund, Police Pension Fund, Water and Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement List, dated 05/05/22, Rt. 83 TIF Fund, General Fund, General Fund NOW, MFT Fund, Non-Home Rule Surplus Fund, Water and Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement List, dated 05/12/22, and Payroll Warrant dated 05/13/22
- License & Ordinance Committee
- Direct the Village Attorney to prepare an Ordinance upon the request of Malek Alawin, Drive Auto Sales, Inc. for a special use to permit a used car dealership doing minor repairs such as oil changes, tune ups, batteries, brakes, and tire changing with no major engine or transmission repair with a stipulation that all vehicles are to be kept in a fenced in area with no auto or body work to be done and all EPA guidelines will be followed for the disposal of tires, oil, and hazardous waste on the premises of 13441 S. Kolmar Avenue, Crestwood, IL
- Consideration of an Ordinance approving a final plat of consolidation of 3901 W. 135th St and 3955 W. 135th Street in the Village of Crestwood, Illinois
- Consideration of an ordinance approving a text amendment to the zoning ordinance of the Village of Crestwood to regulate used car dealerships and retail tobacco stores
- Police Department Committee
- Crestwood Police Department Police Activity report for April, 2022 as submitted by Chief Weigand
- Crestwood Police Department Police Department Citation Activity Report – Citations Issued/Fines Collected – March, 2022 as submitted by Chief Weigand
- Crestwood Police Department Police Department Citation Activity Report – Citations Issued/Fines Collected – April, 2022 as submitted by Chief Weigand
- Health & Safety Committee
- Scavenger Report for the month of May, 2022 for services performed in April, 2022
- Streets, Lights & Drainage Committee
- Streets, Lights & Drainage Bi-Monthly report dated May 19, 2022
- Water & Sewer Committee
- Water & Sewer Bi-Monthly report dated May 19, 2022
- Waterworks & Sewerage Fund report for April, 2022
Crestwood to Restrict Tobacco Stores, Used Auto Dealerships