Crestwood Establishing Free Tank of Gas Program, Breaking Ground on Flood Control Project (Crestwood, IL) — The village of Crestwood held its regular board meeting Thursday, May 5, 2022. Among the topics discussed was the groundbreaking ceremony for the 135th Street Flood Control Project and a resolution establishing a Free Tank of Gas program.
Crestwood Breaking Ground on May 10
The groundbreaking ceremony for the Flood Control Project will take place Tuesday, May 10 at 11 a.m. at the Crestwood Recreation and Wellness Center, located at 5531 W 135th Street. Those wishing to attend can R.S.V.P. at 312-751-6626.
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District and partners at the village of Crestwood and School District 130 will break ground on the Crestwood Food Control Project that will provide flood relief for approximately 82 homes, businesses and structures in the vicinity of 135th Street and Central Avenue.
The groundbreaking culminates eight years of planning, engineering and analysis that involved public participation from more than 100 Crestwood residents.
The board also passed item E from the License & Ordinance Committee, considering a resolution establishing a “Free Tank of Gas” program in the Village of Crestwood, Illinois. This program proved to be more controversial than most topics, with Trustees Flynn, Madlener and Wasag voting no. Mayor Klein cast the tie-breaking vote, passing the resolution.
When asked about the no vote, Trustee Flynn stated that she would rather see a full-time employee hired or see the money go to public improvements rather than a $50 tank of gas. She also mentioned that the village previously issued meal vouchers to residents during the pandemic.
Other Agenda Items
(all requiring a vote approved unanimously)
- Village Clerk’s Office
- Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes dated April 19, 2022
- Village Board Meeting Minutes dated April 21, 2022
- STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Building & Plats Committee
- Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals regular scheduled meeting minutes for April 25, 2022.
- Finance Committee
- Rt. 83 TIF Fund, Water Capital Improvement Fund, General Fund, General Fund NOW, Water IEPA Fund, Motor Fuel Tax Fund, Non-Home Rule Capital Fund, and Water & Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement Report, dated 04/21/22, General Fund, General Fund NOW, Motor Fuel Tax Fund, Police Pension Fund, Water & Sewer Fund, Check Disbursement Report, dated 04/29122, Payroll Warrant, dated 04/29/22
- Consideration of a Raffle & Chances License Application for Sunflower Alliance, NFP, to be held at “The Thirsty Beaver” from 04/22/22 thru 05/22/22 to benefit the displaced orphans from the Ukrainian crisis and approval to waive the $500.00 bond fee.
- Fire Department Committee
- Crestwood Fire Department monthly report for April 2022 as submitted by Chief of Department Jonathan Newton
- License & Ordinance Committee
- Direct the Village Attorney to prepare an Ordinance for the consolidation plat for 3955 W. 135th St, (Parcel 1 — 3901 W. 135′ St. — 28-02-100-031-0000 and Parcel 2 — 3955 W. 135th St. — 28-02-100-037-0000)
- Consideration of the Independent Auditor’s report (single audit) for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2021,
- Consideration of the Annual Budget Ordinance for the fiscal year beginning May 1, 2022 and ending April 30, 2023 in lieu of passage of an appropriation Ordinance.
- Consideration of the Appointment list with salary schedule for the fiscal year May 1, 2022 thru Aril 30, 2023.
- Streets, Lights & Drainage Committee
- Streets, Lights & Drainage Bi-Monthly report dated May 5, 2022
- Water & Sewer Committee
- Water & Sewer Bi-Monthly report dated May 5, 2022
Crestwood Establishing Free Tank of Gas Program, Breaking Ground on Flood Control Project